Re: Threads question

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/05/31

This sounds like bug #366174 -- which basically says "opps, we forgot to put it in there". this was specific to 7.3.2.1 on Solaris and fixed with the patch 7.3.2.2.

Support should be able to opening a shipping tar and get you the fix fast. give them the above bug number.

On Fri, 30 May 1997 10:16:30 -0400, John Pfersich <jgp_at_itd.ssb.com> wrote:

>I'm trying to use the threading capability in Oracle 7.3.2's
>Oracle Call Interface but I can't find the library that has the
>opinit function. I just keep on getting this:
>Undefined first referenced
> symbol in file
>opinit new.o
>

>Has anyone had any success doing threads in 7.3.2? I have
>an open ticket and I submitted a Reader Comment form for the
>Programmer's Guide to the OCI but haven't gotten an answer yet.
>I'm hoping for a better response here.

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Sat May 31 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message