Re: Help! Dynamic SQL

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/05/23

On 22 May 1997 18:28:24 GMT, jenchien_at_seas.gwu.edu (Jen Chien) wrote:

>Hi! Folks my question is:
>
>I'm using Oracle server 7.2 and Oracle Form 4.5. I want to use DBMS_SQL to create a
 ... [snip]
>However, I got the problem now. If I want to use this procedure at the Oacle Form.
... [snip]

the hand will be... don't use dbms_sql to execute a query in forms. Use create_group_from_query and populate_group. Build a record group instead. The main advantages of this are:

  • record groups are native to forms and natural to use in that environment
  • they will take advantage of array fetches. You will array fetch 100 rows at a time. It'll be much faster.

If you need dynamic insert/update/delete, use forms_ddl, its easier...

>Borren

Thomas Kyte
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Government
Bethesda MD

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Oracle Corporation Received on Fri May 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message