Re: Need Advice on Oracle learning series - Edelstein

From: Ian C. Sellers <ian_at_mystical.net>
Date: 1997/05/22

Cecil D'Souza wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anybody have any knowledge about the Oracle Learning series by
> Edelstein?
> I would like to know if these books are for a beginner or intermediate
>
> user.
> I am specifically referring to the Forms4.5 and Reports2.5 books.
>
> Would appreciate some feedback from anyone who has purchased the books
>
> and
> used them.
>
> Thanks
>
> Cecil

I was an absolute beginner to Dev/2000 when I went through both books. I found them excellent as tutorials. They are geared mainly to the beginner, but do assume some knowledge of SQL and DB concepts.

What I appreciated about these books is that they get you up and working quickly! I'm now about to buy the last book (3rd in the same series) he has published and I'm looking forward to it.

-Ian
--
----> Opinions expressed above may not even be my own!