Re: Forms4.5, preserving blanks

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/05/13

In article <01bc5efd$49f103c0$4a540681_at_h084074.nist.gov>, David Kao <david.kao_at_nist.gov> wrote:
>I am developing a forms module to maintain a simple table, One of the
>column is REQUIRED and I like to enter SPACEs into this column, but Forms
>always consider the SPACEs I entered as NULL. Is there anyway I can tell
>Forms NOT TO RTRIM data items?

Forms always removes trailing spaces from input items. If Forms didn't, we would have to RTRIM every input item.

Why not remove the 'not null' constraint on the column, since you are just trying to get around that requirement anyway. Either do that, or come up with another non-blank character as the default entry.

Regards,
Steve Cosner

Try out QA, a dynamic data utility form. Quick display and update access to any table. http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Tue May 13 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message