Re: Oracle Client Software Manager (OCSM)

From: Citton Laurent <citton_at_shom.fr>
Date: 1997/05/07

hi,

We use OCSM to distribute Dev2k (rel 1.2 for Win3.11) software to the clients.We choose to replicate everything locally on the clients. It works fine, but since we use an UNIX box as server, we cannot define groups of users: the consequence is that when you refresh the software on the server, all the clients try to get it at the same time at startup time, so that the server (and the network...) is sometimes *really* busy...

--
Laurent CITTON       (citton_at_shom.fr)
E.P.S.H.O.M          (www.shom.fr)