Re: "Thou shalt use 'Shutdown Abort' whenever you shutdown the database." Makes sense?

From: George Dau <gedau_at_mim.com.au>
Date: 1997/05/04

]I would recommend that they use a shutdown immediate, or if they must
]shutdown abort, at least start the database backup and then shutdown
]normal. The docs are pretty clear, shutdown abort is a last resort,
]not a standard operating procedure.

[Quoted] I think Thomas ment ... start the database back up and then shutdown normal, then start the database backup ...

[Quoted] There is no point doing a database backup after a shutdown abort. Received on Sun May 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message