Re: Automatic form generation using F45gen32.exe

From: Miles Thomas <thomasm_at_logica.com>
Date: 1997/04/24

I've done this more or less sucessfullly (on win3.11) before with a freeware utility called 'BATSH'. Its like a windows version of dos batch files. On win 3.11 at least it can be setup to wait for a spawned (windows) command to complete before continuing. Try www.download.com; failing that, email me and I'll see if I can find our copy. Also, don't forget to set the BATCH=YES option on the command line.

However, D2K (v1.2 at least) F45GEN leaks memory like a sieve, and thus my script poops out after about 20-25 gens on a 16MB machine, requiring a restart of windows.

Also, I don't know if it will work on W95, or with Win32 apps anyway.

A suitable 'make' tool is very high on my wish list for dev2k!!!

--
Miles Thomas
Logica UK Ltd

Clayton Mitchell <clayton_mitchell_at_vela.ca> wrote in article
<335E6B50.3B8B_at_vela.ca>...

> Has anyone been able to generate forms sequentially and automatically
> using a SQL*Plus script, DOS batch file or other script tool? I need to
> build an automatic form, library and menu generator to generate 16
> forms, 21 libraries and 12 menus. There is one for the Macintosh
> (called Oracle Command) which works quite well. But there does not seem
> to be an equivalent Windows version. If a DOS batch file is used, each
> form generation session is created, but the batch file moves on to the
> next one before the first one is finished. This causes the machine to
> fill with F45gen32 sessions which then start to GPF. The same thing
> happens with a SQL*Plus script using the HOST command.
[SNIP]