Re: Automatic form generation using F45gen32.exe

From: Loyal Barber <lbarber_at_flash.net>
Date: 1997/04/24

Clayton Mitchell wrote:

> Has anyone been able to generate forms sequentially and automatically
> using a SQL*Plus script, DOS batch file or other script tool? I need to
> build an automatic form, library and menu generator to generate 16
> forms, 21 libraries and 12 menus. There is one for the Macintosh
> (called Oracle Command) which works quite well. But there does not seem
> to be an equivalent Windows version. If a DOS batch file is used, each
> form generation session is created, but the batch file moves on to the
> next one before the first one is finished. This causes the machine to
> fill with F45gen32 sessions which then start to GPF. The same thing
> happens with a SQL*Plus script using the HOST command.
> Only 4 F45gen32 sessions can be run on the machine at one time without
> difficulty.
> Is there an option on SQL*Plus or elsewhere that would allow running
> F45gen32 synchronously, allowing each session to finish before starting
> a new one, or a way to detect when a session is completed? A possible
> hack solution is to build a timing function on the database and call it
> from the generate script to slow down the speed the script starts new
> sessions.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
We use batch files under win95 or winbatch from wilson windoware for win3.1. Under win95, the trick is to use "start/w f45gen32.exe . . ."
because otherwise it will try to launch them concurrently. Something like this works fine

for %%a in (*.fmb) do start/w f45gen32.exe userid=junk/junk module=%%a compile_all=yes
for %%a in (*.mmb) do start/w f45gen32.exe userid=junk/junk module=%%a type=menu
for %%a in (*.rdf) do start/w r25conv %%a . . .

This is all in a DOS batch file. It will work fine. The syntax on the command line for f45gen and r25conv may not be perfect, but the idea is the same.

In winbatch, we do similar things but use their "runhide" command.

Loyal Barber
MCI Systemhouse Received on Thu Apr 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message