Re: Menu 5 to Forms 4.5 Upgrade

From: william <willgo_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/04/22

First, are all your tables installed in the dictionary? You need the common base tables for Forms 3.0, Forms 4.0, and Forms 4.5 installed as well as the specific forms 4.5 tables possibly. The generator converts menus from the database and not from the binary file like forms 3.0. Are you trying to generate from the same instance that holds your tables and your forms menu modules? If not, you have to do the above
installation as well as install menu 5.0 tables in order for the generation to proceed. There is also a role upgrade that can be done. If you have Oracle support, they have
several bulletins on upgrade. I've been through it and I will agree, it is not intuitive!
The developer 2000 tool has the build and grant scripts squirreled away in their directories. Hope this helps some.

Kathie

Angus Huckle <angus.huckle_at_clear.net.nz> wrote in article <01bc4c52$40c65420$6b3061cb_at_angus.simpl.co.nz>...