Re: DEV2000 pass parameters to Forms

From: <suisum_at_freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>
Date: 1997/04/22

Hi Chris:

You may have several ways to do it:

  1. use a table as a media. Write something to the table. Then, use SELECT statement in a form to retrieve the values.
  2. I'm not quite sure what kind of procedure you are talking about. For stored procedure, you may do:

  Stored Procedure:

      PROCEDURE called_program(
           p_fieldA IN OUT VARCHAR2,
           p_fieldB IN OUT VARCHAR2,
           p_fieldC IN OUT NUMBER
           p_fieldD IN OUT BOOLEAN) IS

  The Form:
      DECLARE
         fieldA VARCHAR2(100);
         fieldB VARCHAR2(20);
         fieldC NUMBER(5);
         fieldD BOOLEAN;

     calling statement from the Form:

         called_program (fieldA, fieldB, fieldC, fieldD);

Please note that the data type used in the procedures and the form must be simple data type. You cannot refer to data structure from a file e.g.

    fieldA fileA.fieldA%TYPE; --- error.

You may store the procedure in the form's program unit or store it in the server database as stored procedure.

HTH
Sui-sum

CG (christian.gregory_at_citicorp.com) wrote:
: Hi all,

: How do I pass values between procedures and an Oracle Forms ?
: This procedure would perform some retrieval based on a select statement
: and store the information in a variable, I then want to pass the values
: of this variable to Forms.

: Chris

--
Best regards,