Re: Help!! Please help! Forms 4.5

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/04/21

In article <5j7eg3$9t_at_lori.zippo.com>, <Rajs> wrote:
[Quoted] [Quoted] > Hi Everybody, I require help desperately.

First, please include your email address when you post an article.

> 1) Object Groups I have developed my application on 16 bit
> version. After changing to 32 bit ver I find that While refering to
> triggers in my object group, I cannot change the name of the
> referenced trigger through the object navigator, where as it was
> possible in 16 bit. My application logic has to changed to include
> this new development. So pl let me know if anybody else has noticed
> this.

I'm not sure, but for any referenced object, you cannot change the name without doing it in the original source. References are just links to the original.

> 2)Attached Libraries The library file and the form to which I have
> attached the library are open. I change the status of the library
> file like dropping a program unit. I recompile and save the library
> file. Since I have made the change in the library, I recompile the
> form which has the library attached. I find that the library has
> disappeared from the form. This happens randomly.

I use only the 16-bit version, and changing the PLL library while I also have a form open always destroys the link to the library. You can also end up with some phantom pll files on your hard drive too (tmp*.pll, I think). Just close your form (and exit all runform sessions as well) when you decide to change your pll library.

> 3) Locking Whenever a record is already locked by another user, then
> Forms allows us to retry 3-4 times to check if the other user has
> released the lock. I would like to trap this instance. I would like
> to perform certain steps once I find the record is locked.

About the only solution to this is to write your own On-Lock trigger. Except for that, I don't think there is any way possible to intercept the dialog that pops up when a row is locked by another user.

HTH,
Steve Cosner

Try out QA, a dynamic data utility form. Quick display and update access to any table. http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Mon Apr 21 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message