?des2000 1.3.0: view reengineering problem, nt4/win95/nt3.51

From: rupert thurner <eurofunk_at_ping.at>
Date: 1997/04/15

[Quoted] we tried to reverse engineer an application with ~tables and views (with where-clauses)
and the reverse-engineer database utility hang at an error 15243 (i killed it after
hours of waiting).
did you ever experience a similar error, and did the error go when changing to database 7.3.2 and designer 1.3.2?

tx, rupert

ps1:
do you think oracle developpers ever tried to use their tools? it seems to me the tools are the biggest crap this world has ever experienced *grummel* ( ... after creating 4 views out of a table in designer2000, where 1 or 2 table-column had to be hidden
-> much too slow, much too complicated);
maybe we should collect money so they could afford a course [Quoted] at microsoft how to design user-friendly GUI's ...

ps2:
the end of the trace file:
riting output to file 'cdrf55.lis'
 (0 secs)
trace15003
Views (0 secs)
trace15031. (1 secs)

trace15032 (0 secs)
trace15033 (1 secs)
trace15243 (1 secs)
trace15243 (0 secs)
trace15243 (0 secs)
trace15660 (0 secs)
trace15660 (0 secs)
trace15660 (0 secs)
trace15660 (0 secs)
trace15660 (0 secs)
trace15032 (0 secs)
trace15033 (0 secs)
trace15243 (0 secs)
trace15243 (0 secs)

trace15243Abnormal termination for Oracle Server Generator: Reverse Engineer Received on Tue Apr 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message