PLEASE HELP! pro*c/plsql problems and perl/python as oracle client

From: Tim Burns <teb_cms_at_xmission.com>
Date: 1997/04/15

[Quoted] Dear Oracle Gurus!

[Quoted] I don't have the error message right now, because it is on another computer,
but I am having problems with the pl/sql compiler and/or the makefile [Quoted] provided in the pro*c sample programs for Oracle, version 7.2.2 on the IBM
[Quoted] AIX workstation.

The program which fails to compile is "sample9.pc" in $ORACLE_HOME/proc/demos. It dies with an error message to something [Quoted] of the effect undeclared statement call, when the call is perfectly valid
[Quoted] PL/SQL. The source of the bug is a requisite flag on the oraxlc compiler
which is something like plsql=checkall. Has someone out there seen [Quoted] this bug? Do you need more information? If you send me a mail sometime

during the week, I can show you the bug.

Also, if you have no idea what I am talking about, but have been able to

successfully call PL/SQL from a Pro*C program, please let me know.

If this is not working I am thinking about bagging the Pro*C interface [Quoted] because i cannot do without pl/sql. Has anyone tried Python or Perl5 with doing code-driven calls to the Oracle database?

Thank you!
Tim Burns Received on Tue Apr 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message