Re: PLEASE HELP! pro*c/plsql problems and perl/python as oracle client

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_pmcgettigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/04/16

Tim Burns wrote:

> Dear Oracle Gurus!
>
> I don't have the error message right now, because it is on another
> computer,
> but I am having problems with the pl/sql compiler and/or the
> makefile
> provided in the pro*c sample programs for Oracle, version 7.2.2 on
> the
> IBM
> AIX workstation.
>
> The program which fails to compile is "sample9.pc" in
> $ORACLE_HOME/proc/demos. It dies with an error message to something
>
> of the effect undeclared statement call, when the call is perfectly
> valid
> PL/SQL. The source of the bug is a requisite flag on the oraxlc
> compiler
> which is something like plsql=checkall. Has someone out there seen
> this bug? Do you need more information? If you send me a mail
> sometime
>
> during the week, I can show you the bug.
>
> Also, if you have no idea what I am talking about, but have been
> able
>
> successfully call PL/SQL from a Pro*C program, please let me know.
>
> If this is not working I am thinking about bagging the Pro*C
> interface
> because i cannot do without pl/sql. Has anyone tried Python or
> Perl5
> with doing code-driven calls to the Oracle database?
>
> Thank you!
> Tim Burns

 Hey, don't ditch Pro*C just yet!!!! :-)

I've had a quick look at the default build file (proc.mk) that comes with Pro*C (only installed the product this morning!) and it seems that the lines which tell proc to compile '.pc.o' files are passed PROCFLAGS instead of PROCPLSFLAGS. Just change that one variable and you should be OK - I got sample9.pc to compile and run OK after the change. Note that PROCPLSFLAGS uses sqlcheck=full, but you could change this back to just 'sqlcheck=semantics' if you wanted, not that you'd gain anything...

Steve Phelan. Received on Wed Apr 16 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message