Re: E-mailing Oracle Reports

From: Bill D. McAdam <bdmcadam_at_ford.wdi.disney.com>
Date: 1997/04/14

Mike Beach (michael.c.beach_at_boeing.com) wrote:
: Anyone tried using the Oracle interface to a Windows E-mail system. We are
: running Reports 2.5 on MS Windows 95 with MS Exchange. We want to be able
: to generate a report, and mail it to a recipient through MS Exchange.

: I have tried clicking on the MAIL button from the Oracle Reports previewer.
: It does bring up Exchange and attaches the report as the E-mail message.
: HOWEVER, the report is an encapsulated postscript file that is not
: understood by Windows. Therefore, it seems there is no straight forward
: way to now view or even print the attachment.

http://www.wix.com/PageDraw/

has a free application that views postscript and EPS. Also on that page are links to windoze versions on GhostView.

Once installed, you can update the system registry to associate .ps and .eps files with that application. You might also need to update the MIME types on your web server and/or configure it in your browser.

I haven't tried this beast; just recommended the link to one of my users who said it worked well...

-WMc Received on Mon Apr 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message