E-mailing Oracle Reports

From: Mike Beach <michael.c.beach_at_boeing.com>
Date: 1997/04/09

[Quoted] Anyone tried using the Oracle interface to a Windows E-mail system. We are running Reports 2.5 on MS Windows 95 with MS Exchange. We want to be able to generate a report, and mail it to a recipient through MS Exchange.

[Quoted] I have tried clicking on the MAIL button from the Oracle Reports previewer.  It does bring up Exchange and attaches the report as the E-mail message. HOWEVER, the report is an encapsulated postscript file that is not understood by Windows. Therefore, it seems there is no straight forward way to now view or even print the attachment.

Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated. Received on Wed Apr 09 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message