Re: Oracle WebServer and dynamic reports...

From: Prasad Pallinti <ppallinti_at_titan.com>
Date: 1997/04/11

Stephen M. Earl wrote:

  We are currently using Oracle 7.3 and WebServer 2.1 running on   Windows NT.
  I'd like to be able to generate reports and view them in the web   browser.
  I know we can generate PDF files from reports 2.5, but these reports   are
  basically static reports. What I want to do is have the user pass   parameters from web form and have the server generate the report   (with a
  unique filename) and have the resulting html document (from PL/SQL)   point
  to the report in PDF format.

  When it comes right down to it I just want to be able to generate a   report
  from a procedure.

  Has anyone done this???

  Stephen Earl
  Rockford Corporation

Check out http://govt.us.oracle.com/ under downloadable utilities for a package
called Webview. This is has lot of source code for generating dynamic pages.

Prasad Pallinti Received on Fri Apr 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message