Where clause order - importance of - rule based optimisation

From: Peter McKenzie <pemmck_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/04/08

[Quoted] [Quoted] My experience teaches me that this order is very important ,is bottom up, and that the from clause order is meaningless in the presence of a where clause which cites at least one indexed column. Many people disagree with me and various writers on performance give conflicting advice. Am I correct in my assumptions ? Does this rule change from one version of Oracle to another. Why is there still so much confusion with regard to tuning in the Oracle arena ? Received on Tue Apr 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message