Re: Pro*C question

From: Jon <j.m.whitehead_at_sheffield.ac.uk>
Date: 1997/04/08

Ken Frank wrote:
> We're using it strictly for the "link" phase. If *anyone* knows
> how to make these executables smaller, please advise!
>
> Ken Frank

I find that removing any symbolic debugging info reduces the size of an executable by about .5 meg.
On our system here (Solaris) we use the strip command which I think is standard across most UNIX flavours, as for other platforms you'd be best looking at what options the complier offers for including/excluding debugging info.

BTW. If anybody knows other ways of reducing the executable size please let us all know.

HTH. Jon. Received on Tue Apr 08 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message