Re: ORACLE's ODBC vs. Other ODBC Vendors

From: Jeff Ebert <jebert_at_wctc.net>
Date: 1997/04/07

badri_at_concentric.net (Badri Narasimhan) wrote:

>Hi:

> I am interested in knowing if anyone has reflections
>on the performance of ORACLE's ODBC driver for ORACLE
>7.x versus other vendors such as Intersolv's Datadirect
>drivers for ORACLE.

> Any comparisons on cost/benefit/speed/etc?

>Any feedback would be greatly appreciated,

[Quoted] [Quoted] All I can say is that the Oracle Drivers released by Oracle are only ODBC Conformance Level 1 drivers. It's not a question of speed, but functionality. I tried to use the Oracle7 ODBC drivers with on an Oracle 7.3 database with Microsoft Access. No dice... Access checks the driver and says: Driver Not Compliant. Apparently, it needs some level 2 functions to operate.

[Quoted] We stuck with the Visigenic Drivers. They work good, are cheap, and we can purchase support if we need to.

Hope this helps,
Jeff, Received on Mon Apr 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message