Q: ConText Option & Storing HTML-docs...

From: Bart Verhoeven <Bart.Verhoeven_at_cs.kuleuven.ac.be>
Date: 1997/04/03

Hello,

Sorry if this isn't the right group, but I just wanted to pose a question and this seemed like the most appropriate group to do so...

I just started using the Oracle ConText option and have inserted some HTML-documents in one table... Those HTML-documents are generated by saving Word-documents to HTML using internet assistant, converting other formats,...

The problem is that there are some IMG-tags present in those documents
(mostly with relative links)... I'm wondering if there is a more or less
standardized way to deal with those images so that the links are correct...

Another problem is that I want to use the same data in different
(Oracle) databases which might not have a network-connection...

Two options I thought of were:

  1. manually changing all IMG-links to refer to some base url followed by the relative one... Seems kind of circumstantial to me...
  2. Storing all images as BLOB's and making them accessible through te web through some oracle-user so that the link would be something like: http://oracleserver:8888/owa/..../relative_url

Any suggestions on what I should use? I don't know of any proper solution, so I would be glad to receive some feedback...

PS: Please include my email-address in the response... The sooner as I get the answer the better... Have to catch a deadline... :-)

						Thanx,
						  Bart