Re: setting item properties per record in a multi-record block

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/04/02

In article <5hrgbt$m0t$1_at_wnnews.sci.kun.nl>, G.Reulen <G.Reulen_at_vir.revalidatie.nl> wrote:
>I've tried to change item properties of several item of a record in a
>multi-record block
>
>if item 2 has a particular value then item 3 has to be filled in. In
>the other situation it may not be filled and also not displayed.
>
>item 1 item2 item3
>-------------------------------------
>
>a 1 1
>b 2 not displayed
>c 1 2
>d 3 not displayed
>
>I can't manage to get this done in a mult-record block.
>
>Does anybody know if it is possible

You might try setting the not-displayed item3 values to a visual attribute that is the same as your form's background. It will then appear invisible. You would use the Display_Item built-in to set and re-set the visual attribute on the specific row. You would have to turn off beveling, I believe, or the item will appear as an empty box.

Also, on the "not displayed" items, a when-new-item-instance trigger could be used to prevent a user from tabbing into or mouse-clicking into the item. This trigger would need to test whether that particular row was displayed, and if not, then go_item to, perhaps, item 2.

Hope this helps.

Steve Cosner

Try out QA, a dynamic data utility form. Quick display and update access to any table. http://members.aol.com/stevec5088 Received on Wed Apr 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message