Re: Designer 2000 Question

From: Steve Corbett <stevec_at_fcs.wa.gov.au>
Date: 1997/04/03

myers wrote:

> We are looking to use Designer 2000, specifically the Webserver
> generator,to develop interactive WEB pages. Has anyone used this tool
> before? If so, can it generate PL/SQL code to manipulate data(i.e.
> insert, update, delete rows)? Or does it just create code for inquiries
> only?

i am not sure of the version numbers so i will just say 'previous' and 'next'...
there was a previous version that was enquiry only, and the next version (out now i believe) has update ability. i believe you also need the appropriate version of Webserver to maintain transaction state. however
the generated web pages are functionally poor (eg with the master-detail style you can only get one detail row, and i am told if you display more than one row then you need a separate update window, and then when you go back to the detail you dont get the updates unless you requery) if would be interesting to know how much committment Oracle has to progressing the WebGenerator product, or if they assume everyone will run Forms4.5 under WebForms? Received on Thu Apr 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message