Re: shared libraries for OCI programs (which oracle version)

From: Chris Hafey <chafey_at_ecst.csuchico.edu>
Date: 1997/03/25

In article <33324D7A.1B6D_at_isd-pm.de>, Helmut Schroeger <helmut.schroeger_at_isd-pm.de> wrote:
>Gert Rijs wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Anyone know which oracle versions have shared library support for linking
>> oci programs.
>> Did you have any problems (bugs) with them?
>> my platform is Solaris 2.5 (sparc & intel).
>
>i've posted a similar questions a few days agou - now answer. What i
>want to
>know is which libraries i have to link with my precompiled (PRO*C 2.0.6)
>embedded
>SQL program (ORACLE 7.1.6 on SOlaris 2.5.1).

  No one seems to have a good answer to this. For my OCI applications, I usually compile rdbms/demo/cdemo1 using the rdbms/lib/oracle.mk makefile. I cut and paste the libraries and object files that are used to build cdemo1 into my own makefile. I have also found that libclnt.sh/libclnt.a seems to work on some platforms. Good luck!

Chris Hafey

--
chafey_at_ecst.csuchico.edu    	http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~chafey