Re: Oracle for Linux

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1997/03/18

[Quoted] [Quoted] Bram Schiltmans <bmschilt_at_worldaccess.nl> writes:

>I know some people (including someone at ORACLE) who tried to run the
>SCO version on LINUX. And they weren't all that negative about it. So
>you could give that a try. Not sure how well it will work though.

Its a hack. And an ugly one at that. The cookbook is for an older release [Quoted] of Oracle, not sure if it would work for the newer one. This makes it even more uglier. Getting the SCO binariess needed for this cookbook is [Quoted] not easy either. I haven't tried SCO. From what I hear its really ugly. [Quoted] Bringing in binaries from an ugly OS would make this whole thing super-ugly :)

[Quoted] [Quoted] It seems it would easier and cleaner and nicer if Oracle would compile Oracle for Linux. Everybody would live happily ever after :)

Atif Khan
[Quoted] aak2_at_ra.msstate.edu Received on Tue Mar 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message