Procedurre Builder

From: Robert Gordon <rgordon_at_acpub.duke.edu>
Date: 1997/03/12

Quite often with the Procedure Builder's Stored Program Unit Editor I get a pop up message:

"PDE-USW002 The source of the stored program unit source is incomplete."

The package will neither save nor compile and this is a major drag.

I used to use th enotepad to edit, the SQL Worksheet to compile, and the Schema Manager to check errors. I started using the Procedure Builder to simplify things, only this obscure message doesn't help matters.

If I export the source to a flat file, run it through SQL Worksheet, and then check the compiler errors under Schema Manager, I realize I simply left off an "end if" statement. Why doesn't the Stored Procedure Editor compile and give me this error message instead of telling me some inane thing about the source being incomplete and failing to save or compile?? Received on Wed Mar 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message