Re: ProC and dynamic selects using SQLDA?

From: Gert Rijs <gem_at_wirehub.nl>
Date: 1997/03/11

Ken Frank <kenf_at_usinternet.com> wrote in article <3324f231.0_at_news.usinternet.com>...
> Does anyone out there have any references on doing dynamic select
> statements (with completely unknown result-sets) under ProC? I need
> to duplicate some stuff I wrote for Ingres to work under Oracle, but
> can't find any documentation on how to do this.
 <snip>
> Can anyone give me some
> tips for Oracle? I'd like to stay away from OCI if possible.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Ken Frank
> kenf_at_usinternet.com

Why do you want to stay away from oci?
If your 'problem' is that it isn't portable you have a point. If your 'problem' is that its complex your wrong. Every decent c/c++ programmer will be comfortable with oci after a few days. In fact, dynamic sql is easier to code using oci. If you program with c++ it is a nice/fun project to create your own oci class library or you could use a freeware/commercial class-library.

        Gert Received on Tue Mar 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message