Developer/2000 and PVCS

From: Sadru Fidai <sfidai_at_castle.net>
Date: 1997/02/27

Hi All,

We are in process of implementing PVCS source control in our project. On

the whole it looks good. Let's see how it turns out when we start using

it.

I have few comments/questions to make regarding this. I welcome anyone

who has any input.

  • We decided not to you Forms Designer's interface for checking in/out

programs because:

  1. Interface is inferior compared to Version Manager.
  2. Can not handle multiple projects, you have to choose project every

time.

3. Can not process multiple files.

4. Conversion to and from text is not so reliable.

  • Intersolv tech support suggested not to compress archive/delta and

not to store delta. I personally think, it is stupid. Why would you pay

$$$ for the product which would stack one revision on another in

archive? Are any of you who use PVCS have compression option turned on?

  • As we are not going to be using Developer/2000 interface to PVCS, it

opens up wide range of possibilities. We could have used Microsoft's

Source Safe?

Sadru Received on Thu Feb 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message