Forms4 / GET_ITEM_PROPERTY Problem

From: Thomas Nowak <tom_at_biometrie.uni-koeln.de>
Date: 1997/02/24

Hi group,

first of all, thanks for the immediate help with my last problem. Here is another.
I want to create my own error messages - therefore, I would like to change the system generated FRM messages. I know, that I can use the on_message and on_error triggers to bend them in the direction I want.
Now here is the point, where I can not proceed.

I am using different Format_masks for different fields. An entry error produces FRM40209 using an on_error trigger, I can bend the system to produce my error message BUT I can not adjust the flexible portion of it.

So if I have a date field with FormatMask ddmmyy and another with 999.0, how can I transfer the required format to the user without creating one trigger for each item?

I checked the GET_ITEM_PROPERTY, but that produced an error code...

tia for you help,

thomas

neue Adresse ab 1. März/new adress valid from 1st of march: Remigiusstr. 28 / 50937 Köln / tel. 0221-44 88 37