Re: Appending data to a LONG field

From: Steve Jakob <sjakob_at_octrf.on.ca>
Date: 1997/02/21

In article <330E3537.77C9_at_ehv.sc.philips.com>, S.mallory_at_ehv.sc.philips.com says...

>I have a table that has a LONG field that is used to store long bits of
>text. I am wanting to append a bit of text onto the front of the text
> <snip>
>Shaun
>smallory_at_ehv.sc.philips.com

You cannot use a LONG variable in a SQL expression (in this case, concatenation). The Oracle 7 Server SQL Language Reference hints that the [Quoted] Oracle Call Interfaces might allow you to do this, but I'm unfamiliar with [Quoted] their use.