Re: Appending data to a LONG field

From: Brian Membrey <horsemth_at_mel.switch.net.au>
Date: 1997/02/21

It's easy enough in PL/SQL. Declare a variable as LONG and PL/SQL will append quite happily to standard CHAR functions. Then update accordingly.  The restriction on LONG types seems to be limited to SQLPLUS structure (possibly because it is directly impacting the database)

Steve Jakob <sjakob_at_octrf.on.ca> wrote in article <5el4rh$gkq_at_falcon.ccs.uwo.ca>...
> In article <330E3537.77C9_at_ehv.sc.philips.com>,
 S.mallory_at_ehv.sc.philips.com