Porting Forms from Windows to Mac

From: David Condrey <your_userid_at_poole.ag.clemson.edu>
Date: 1997/02/14

[Quoted] We have previously deployed Oracle Forms applications
(v 1.2) on MS Windows only. We're now looking at adding
a user base that has only Macintosh.

We received Dev2000 v 1.2.2 for the Mac, which is a great improvement over previous versions, but we still have problems. Some of the applications have a multitude of items on one canvas, so relatively small fonts have been used. When porting to the Mac platform some of the data is not readable, even if we use font aliases and set a small default font.

The forms were developed on the Windows platform with the coordinate system set to 'real'. Converting this to 'character'
(along with changing the default font) seems to help resize
the window, but it also (like the documentation says) loses precision, so alot of the items have to be moved around in the layout editor.

We don't have the resources to redesign every canvas in every application. Is there something we're missing that would ease this port to Macs?

Please respond to montgom_at_clemson.edu.

Thanks. Received on Fri Feb 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message