Re: REDO log shifts are blocking for DB updates !!!

From: MarkP28665 <markp28665_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/02/11

>>Db writes frozen during log switch<<

besides adding a checkpoint process as one response to problem suggested it may be advisible to add another db writer process if your system is not using async i/o. I do not know if or how VMS i/o works compared to UNIX so you might find it worthwhile to check the install and system administrators manual on the subject.

Good luck, I am against guareenteed response times as there are way too many variables to be controlled. Received on Tue Feb 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message