Re: Procedural Gateway

From: Ronald <ronr_at_worldaccess.nl>
Date: 1997/01/26

In article <32EA89A9.6120_at_Bryan.ftech.co.uk>, Bryan Dollery <Bryan_at_Bryan.ftech.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what the procedural gateway and the transparent gateway
> are. I think that they are some kind of RPC or Remote Exec tools for
> Oracle 7, but I'm not shure.
>
> Replies CC'd to my mailbox, please.
>
> Thanx.
>
> Bryan
> --
> Bryan Dollery BSc(Hons)
> ByteSmart Systems Ltd.

Hi Bryan,

I made a procedural gateway to be able to synchronize an old GCOS8/IDS-2 database with oracle. Changes to data in oracle changes the data in IDS-2, by a set of given procedures. If the target DBMS is a SQL database, you could do the same, using a transparent gateway, since no special data-access translations are needed.

Ronald.

http://www.worldaccess.nl/~ronr (last update januari 19, 1997) Received on Sun Jan 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message