Re: Color problem using Forms 4.5

From: Larry Reid <lcreid_at_web.net>
Date: 1997/01/23

This sounds like a problem I have in Forms 4.0. I believe it's because Forms uses somewhat non-standard names for its 240-odd colours, and reserves (I forget the proper X word for this) all the colours with X, whether you use them or not. Your other applications come along and ask for colours with different names, and the X server refuses to give them because Forms has exhausted the X server's colour space (again, I'm not using the right X terms here, but I hope you get the idea). The other applications end up using black.

This is the sort of question that we should force ORACLE to answer, so that they pay (through having to hire more technical support people) their questionable decisions about when to allocate colours and the like.

--
Larry Reid                                          lcreid_at_web.net