Personal Oracle 7 sys password

From: Kelvin Baggs <kbaggs_at_qtrnnmsd.telstra.com.au>
Date: 1997/01/23

We have recently purchased a copy of Personal Oracle 7 for Windows 95 (version 7.3.2.1.1).

I have installed the software and am unable to connect to the database as sys - I don't know what the install default password is. Typically the UNIX installation password is set to change_on_install.

I have contacted out local Oracle office and they believe it "should be" change_on_install, but this does not work. Oracle Brisbane suggests that we connect as system and do an alter user for sys. Does anyone see any problems with this?

Does anyone know the sys password for this version of Personal Oracle 7?

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Kelvin Baggs. Received on Thu Jan 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message