Setting default values in Forms 4.5

From: Michael Leung <wmleung_at_hk.super.net>
Date: 1997/01/14

Would someone tell me a better way to assign default values into a tables in Forms 4.5. I have a master and a detail block in my form and their associated tables have 1-1 relationship. It means that I need to create a detail record whenever the master record is created. At first, I throught the detail record can be automatically created since I have set the 'Default value' in the property sheet. Unfortunately, I was wrong and I need to explcitly tell the Form to create the detail record. I have used the SET_RECORD_STATUS to set the first detail record to 'insert status' if the record status for the detail is new. This method seems working fine because a detail record is created when I ask the Form to commit the records. However, all the default values I have assigned in the property sheet are not saved into the database. What did I make wrong?

Best regards,
Michael Received on Tue Jan 14 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message