Command Buffer Space Exhausted

From: Ed Jennings <jennings_at_dca.net>
Date: 1997/01/07

I'm using the Oracle Windows based SQL*Plus version 3.1.3.7.2.

When I try to invoke a sql script (i.e. start script-name) I receive the error message "command buffer space exhausted". The script-file is rather large (69K), and creates a package body. Is there some tunable parameter that I can set to increase the command buffer?

When I tried the same procedure on version 3.2.2.0.5 (Win 95/32-bit), I didn't get the error. I can only assume the newer version is more robust. Unfortunately, my user is stuck on Win 3.1 and is unable to use the newer version.

The documentation provided wth the tool is of little help when it comes to the tool itself. It's geared toward teaching SQL, not manipulating the product.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ed Jennings Received on Tue Jan 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message