NLS_DATE_FORMAT & W95 Doesn't Work

From: D. Scott Moyer, Jr. <dmoyer_at_gpu.com>
Date: 1996/12/30

        Our date format is required to be mm/dd/yyyy or rrrr to facilitate user input. Under W3.1 we would just remove the NLS_LANG parameter from the ORACLE.INI file and not include the NLS_DATE_FORMAT parameter and queries and data retrieval worked OK. We are now converting to W95 and nothing seems to work the same. The registry has the NLS_LANG parameter as AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO885P1. With or without the NLS_DATE_FORMAT set to MM/DD/RR, I keep receiving the invalid month error 1843 when I query for date '08/08/96' for example. Our server side has the NLS_DATE_FORMAT set to MM/DD/RR also. Server side queries work fine with whatever date format we set.

        So how do I get our date format to work for all applications? (DES2K, DEV2K, DIS2K, SQLPLUS) Please post reply or email responses to dmoyer_at_gpu.com.

TIA d scott moyer jr
dmoyer_at_gpu.com (work)
dsmoyer_at_enter.net (home) Received on Mon Dec 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message