Re: Front end recommendations Please!

From: Jeff Masteller <jmast_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1996/12/19

Bill Kincaid wrote:
things to consider

 C/C++ will be very slow, but it can be called from many products to add  functionality. We used it for our telemarketer's auto dialer

 Delphi - Borland is in financal trouble

 Powerbuilder has slipped in several areas since it was bought by Sybase  However they may catch up

 Designer and developer 2000 are becoming very good products and are  faster to develope in than JAM. Windows is a tier 1 developement  level for these products. That is, this level allways has fisrt  priority for enhancements and bug fixes. Our Netware platform is  tier 2. A demo version of developer200 may be on ORACLE's web page.  Also the CASE tools, the developer tools, and the WEB tools are  all integrated.