Re: Help!!How to check number of records been displayed?

From: Sharma, Lakshmikant LK <sharma.lakshmikant.lk_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/12/18

You can use the pre-text and post-text trigger on a mandatory field of the block to keep a count of the number of records. The code will be very simple but you might have to make sure that you do not double count the no of records.

In the pre-text trigger first you check whether you have reached the required no or not.If yes then let the user know.

In the post-text(or when validate record) trigger you check the status of the current record. If the status is 'insert' then add one to the counter for the number of records.

You can also use the when validate record trigger to check if the number of records entered has gone up to 10 and the nlet the user know. This way you will have to write only one trigger.

So there are many ways around this.

I hope this helps.

TA
Lakshmikant Sharma

Joe <kauj_at_lfs.loral.com> wrote in article <19961216.152612.484_at_lfs.loral.com>...
> Hello,
> I am creating a FORM which has two blocks. There is a field called
 #RECORDS
> which will control the total number of records that user can enter in
 the
> BLOCK II.
> For instances,
> if #RECORDS = 10, then block II can only have 10 records entered.
>
> Now, question is how can I get the total number of records that BLOCK
 II