Re: Help!!How to check number of records been displayed?

From: Peter H. Larsen <petlars_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1996/12/18

Joe <kauj_at_lfs.loral.com> wrote in article <19961216.152612.484_at_lfs.loral.com>...
> Now, question is how can I get the total number of records that BLOCK
 II
> have, so I can use this number to compare with the #RECORDS in BOLCK I.
> This case, I can stop the user entering extra record in block II.

If you don't have your block committed, you can get the total number of records VISIBLE in Forms by going a LAST_RECORD and query the system-variable: :SYSTEM.CURSOR_RECORD.

Otherwise, just count the number of distinct rows in the base-table of the child-block.

--
// Complete Data Service
// Peter H. Larsen