Re: SetItemProperty in Forms 4.5/ Developer 2000

From: Charles Jardine <cj10_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: 1996/12/17

Subbu Turimella wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to create a text item in a form and dynamically assign the
> high and low ranges to item in the when_new_item_instance trigger.
> I could not figure out the property I should use. When I use RANGE_LOW/
> RANGE_HIGH it compiles fine but give a run time error.

  1. This should only have been posted to comp.database.oracle.tools. The whole point of splitting the newgroup is negated if people cross-post.
  2. Please consult the manual before wasting international bandwidth and many people's time. On page 5-165 of the Forms 4.5 reference manual ios states that these properties can only be set in the designer, not at run-time. The same information is available via the help system.

However ... the manual also says that the range settings can be variables (items, global variables or parameters). so, that's how to do what you want. Received on Tue Dec 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message