Pro*Cobol and F45

From: Anup Jalan <anupcomp_at_giasbm01.vsnl.net.in>
Date: 1996/12/17

Hi.

I am converting Unix based F30 apps to MS Windows based F45.

The F30 apps have been linked to some Pro*Cobol programs. These Pro*Cob programs use the global variables as well as form fields. I want to move these Pro*Cobol programs to Windows.

[Quoted] I have Pro*Cobol for Windows. However, I do not have a Cobol Compiler. The Unix programs are under MF Cobol. The local MF representative does not know of a Windows based MF Cobol. He says there is a DOS version available. However, the Oracle rep says the DOS Cobol programs cannot be linked to Dev 2000.

Have any of you faced a similar situation? What is the way out?

Anup.

Anup Jalan
Anup Computers                                  Tel   : 91-22-364 7992
33, Shankar Sagar                               Fax   : 91-22-363 6176
Sophia College Road
Bombay 400 026                   email : anupcomp_at_giasbm01.vsnl.net.in
INDIA