Q: Oracle WebServer installation/configuration problems

From: Charles Chen <htchen_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/12/15

[Quoted] [Quoted] Hi. I have just installed Oracle 7.3.2.1.0 for Solaris 2.5.1 on a Sparc10. I then continued to the WebServer installation. During the installation, there is a HTML form that asks for config. information to set up a Web Listener, a Web Listener Agent for the Web Listener, and a default Web Agent for the current Administration Server. There was a part asking for a port # when configuring a default Web Listener Agent. As far as I know, the only port # is the default 8888 for the Web Listener itself.

  1. Should I use the same port # (8888)?

[Quoted] There is another part asking for the SQL*Net v2 service for remote databases.

2. What should I put as the SQL*Net v2 service?

[Quoted] I had went ahead and put some values into the fields that I thought was appropriate and got these error messages:

OWS-05526: Service OWA_DBA submission failed due to error 12154 ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

I appreciate very much any suggestions or answers.

Thanks,
Henry Received on Sun Dec 15 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message