Re: Q: Oracle WebServer installation/configuration problems

From: Martin Smith <mfsmith_at_erols.com>
Date: 1996/12/15

I don't believe you fill in the service name if the DATABASE is on the same machine as the WEB LISTENER. My experience using Web Server v1 on HP was that the first "Admin" listener was already set up, but that you needed to set up a Web Agent if you wanted to access the Oracle database.

If you want to set up additional listeners (recommended) then you have to go through that process,