Why is it a mystery ???

From: stephanie yolayes <moab_at_emirates.net.ae>
Date: 1996/11/22

Hello,

[Quoted] I have posted the following questions to several newsgroups but never got a reply. My questions are:

  1. Does Visual Basic have native drivers to Oracle
  2. Does Powerbuilder have native drivers to Oracle
  3. What does a Native Driver mean? Is it another DLL? another layer of networking software? or is it built into the tool?
  4. If a Native Driver is available, is ODBC still required?
  5. What are Oracle Objects for OLE? Do they replace ODBC when I am using Visual Basic or Powerbuilder?
  6. Does Dev. 2000 only require SQL*NET?

Thx. Received on Fri Nov 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message