Re: Oracle Open World Opinions?

From: Mike Openshaw <openshaw_at_airmail.net>
Date: 1996/11/10

There certainly wasn't enough technical presentations, especially on CURRENT versions. While the conferance was worthwhile overall, the idea of starting the real stuff (ass opposed to CEO vapors) until 10:30 was an appalling waste of time as far as I was concerned. I spent the mornings hiking 4-5 miles seeing the sights and still made the first sessions.

I also attended the CASE Day on the Sunday before. The technical level of that was no better and was as bad in terms of sales-pitches mixing with technical presentations.

Yet, we learned enough to make it worthwhile. Now if Oracle would spend about half of their t-shirt and video effects budget on getting a decent install and bug reporting procedure in place, we might be better off.

Michael B. Openshaw

Data != Information
Information != Knowledge
Knowledge != Wisdom Received on Sun Nov 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message