Difficult Forms 4.5 trigger question

From: Walter Zimmer <wzimmer_at_atair.rz.uni-ulm.de>
Date: 1996/11/07

Hi !

[Quoted] I have a block with a detail block which in turn has another detail block. I want to make sure that every time a new master block is inserted, every detail block is inserted, too. I can do this by hand by entering values in the detail blocks, so they become 'INSERT' status and get automatically into the database with the next commit_form.

But, if I dont enter values into the detail blocks, they wont get inserted and the next query returns: No DATA FOUND for the detail block.

I played with some triggers, but didn't find any which allow me to mark the detail blocks as 'INSERT' because even in the PRE_FORM trigger I cant execute GO_BLOCK.

So, how do I populate the detail blocks at form startup when the only navigeted block is the master block ???

Thanks for any hints,
Walter

walter.zimmer_at_rz.uni-ulm.de
Forms 4.5 developer Received on Thu Nov 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message