Re: Difficult Forms 4.5 trigger question

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1996/11/07

Walter,

[Quoted] Use a timer. In your master block's when-validate-record or some other appropriate trigger, start a timer that expires in 1 millisecond. In the when-timer-expired trigger, you can go_block to your detail blocks and ensure that records are created there as well.

The main thing to be careful of here is that you need to do your commit from a timer that expires AFTER the first one (I use 100 milliseconds). This allows the first timer to do all its work, before a commit is done.

Hope this helps.
Steve Cosner

And PLEASE use comp.databases.oracle.tools for Forms questions.